Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

I just read my post from Thanksgiving 2006 and, for the most part, I still stand by my statements there. Yet, two years later, things have changed. Our economy is in a shambles and everyone has an opinion but no one has just come right out and said why it might have got that way. Gasoline for $4 a gallon ... that's why. It's a mystery to me that three months ago, we were paying $4 a gallon for fuel and now I can buy it for a $1.50. The supply didn't change that much: The suppliers did. We were victims of a cartel-like monopoly on fuel that took full advantage of its position to post "Record Profits" for several quarters. Now that they've practically ruined our national economy and made all the money they could ever need from us working folk, they've moved the prices back to maybe give us poor pukes an opportunity to save our houses. I'd call on the government to step in and do something but ... that's how we get here in the first place: The government is so deep in bed with the oil companies that it may no longer be possible to separate them. So, don't ask the government for help: They're part of the problem.

Have a happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: