Friday, January 01, 2010

This year, I'll try to do better.

I like posting on my blog. I also like killing zombies. So you can guess which activity wins when I have a choice. Left4Dead for sure! But this year, I'll try to do better. I've got the zombies down to where they're not a danger to the remainder of society. (You didn't see any over the Holidays? Right. You know who to thank...)


So, to make things interesting, I'll start out with a rant: This is straight from my Facebook profile.

It's 2010? How the hell did that happen? Why don't we have a colony on the moon declaring independence from the earth? Why aren't we colonizing Titan? Why are we still stuck HERE? Clarke, Asimov and Heinlein are rolling over in their virtual graves.

 

No. I am not content to stay here. There's got to be a better way. Those who refuse to believe that and refuse to look for the solution are part of the problem.

(Note: The last post to this blog said that I was going to quit teaching Jujitsu.  And I did.  For a whole six weeks.  Since that time, I've had about 10 people ask me to reopen the class so ... I'm going to do it.  I'll be committing myself to at least another two years of Mondays to get the newbies through the curriculum.  But, if they're committed, so am I.  I really do love teaching it.  I'm just getting too old for it.  It's a younger man's art, that's for sure.  Maybe I'll be able to quit before I'm 50.)

No comments: